Early Life (spoilers for Seasons 1 - 3)
Rosie learned to navigate by the stars as a child, and is always able to tell where in the world she is. She was taught this skill by her parents, and fans later learn that Rosie's father actually leads a fleet of halfling spaceships in the Astral Plane. The Homeward Star constellation is of particular significance, as it indicates the galaxy where her family lives, and was the second constellation she was taught.
When she was young, she made a deal with an organization called the Shadow Council, which helped her gain power, money and popularity, in exchange for her agreeing to carry out assassination requests.[3,4] She became the notorious mob boss 'Grandmother Night', but later regretted her bargain, especially when she learned that the kill orders came from Asmodeus himself. She began adopting the orphaned children of her victims, even though many would grow up to hate her. To escape this dark fame, Rosie fled to a monastery, where she trained in the Way of Shadow for 20 years. While she was gone, the stories of Grandmother Night grew, with other members of her family taking up the mantle. Eventually for unknown reasons, Rosie was kicked out of the monastery, although she still has unfinished business with them.
Acquisitions Incorporated Career (Spoilers)
Omin Dran heard of her background, having received many notifications from halflings eager to nominate her for a position with Acq Inc and be rid of her,, and decided to send her an invitation to join the C Team. Traveling north on the road to Red Larch, Rosie was attacked by three unnamed brigands, who she easily dispatched. She met the rest of the C Team at the Dran and Courtier Inn, where they all got pulled into the Test Market. Interestingly, in one of the versions of the Inn, Rosie encountered a chandelier shaped like the Homeward Star constellation, hinting at the Test Market's future connection with the Sanguilith.
Rosie continues to obey orders from the Acq Inc HQ, although it is unclear whether she is motivated by anything other than altruism. She allowed Omin to teleport her to Chult to help with the main Acq Inc team with a mission, and later refused an order to kill Omin sent by the Shadow Council. She is hinted to already be extremely wealthy, with her family having the tradition of making her offerings in emeralds. Some of this wealth is spent taking care of the orphans she has housed at a building in Red Larch called the Lighthouse. Other funds are used to send her children to school, such as Driebus Beestinger. The family she takes care of includes over 300 Beestinger members, some of whom have even migrated to the asteroids orbiting Toril's moon. One of the most famous members is Strix Beestinger, who she has hinted might take over running the family one day. Although Rosie has grown to think of the C Team as extended members of her family, even allowing Walnut to call her 'grandmother', she now wishes to return to the stars with her birth family, and has told her friends she would only be sticking around for another two seasons.
Rosie is the mother, both biologically and by adoption, of a large number of children. Children/grandchildren who have been canonically introduced include:
- Driebus Beestinger (adopted half-orc son)
- Tarus Beestinger (great grandson, Halfling Ranger)
- Cher Beestinger (halfling bard)
- Kiwi Beestinger (adopted moon-elf; former bard, now a ranger)
- Currently unnamed Beestinger (adopted moon-elf bard, brother of Kiwi)
- Pendragon Beestinger (adopted, wizard, cartographer for Acquisitions Incorporated Team Bellerophon)
- Strix Beestinger (adopted tiefling sorcerer, previously of the Skizziks clan)
- Laurel Beestinger (adopted wood-elf ranger)
- Drin Beestinger (adopted human paladin)
- Instructor Indigo Beestinger
- Prune Beestinger, priestess of Lathandar (formerly Selune)
- Rear Admiral Ketchup Beestinger
- Sorrel Tomenook
Rosie is a very grandmotherly figure who likes to give advice and comfort to those around her. She has a particular fondness for children (and adults that exhibit child-like qualities). She will go to great lengths to protect, save, or help a child in trouble, without regard to her own safety.
Rosie is also very persuasive and intimidating in a grandmotherly way.
Physical Attributes and Notable Equipment
- Jar of Eyeballs - Rosie collected this from a cart of goblin plunder. It's unclear what it does, but given that it might have horrible consequences, she has resisted opening it.
- Staff of the Masters - Discovered on skeletal remains near the mouth of the Wandering Crypt, Rosie needed to defeat a trial by three monk Masters before being allowed to attune to it. It greatly enhances her physical power.
- Cartographer's gear, level 2 - This allows Rosie to perform the ritual Tale of Safe Travel, which creates a magical soap bubble around herself and up to six others and their mode of transport, and carries them safely to a familiar destination they could otherwise reach within 1 day. The ritual requires her to make up a story of their travels in the process.
 C Team S1E1, Franchise Opportunities
 C Team S3E14, The Velvet Cloak, Part 1
 C Team S2E25, Promise, Part 14 (2:30:55-2:31:54) and S2E26, Matriarch, Part 1
 C Team S2E35, Matriarch, Part 9 (-)(1:59:00-2:01:22)
 Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms Interview, 3/21/19. Twitch.com.
 C Team S2E25 Table Talk (12:40-13:07)
 Acquisitions Incorporated website. Penny Arcade.
 Acquisitions Inc: PAX Unplugged 2017 and Acquisitions Inc: PAX South 2018. Penny Arcade website.
 DCA Episode 122. To Be or not to Beestinger. YouTube.
 DCA Episode 136. You Only Sting Once. YouTube.
 C Team S3E25, Crucible, Part 1
 Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms: Beestinger Q&A. Twitch.com.
 C Team S1E9, Homecoming, Part 1
 Acquisitions Incorporated Campaign Player Resources. Acq Inc Reddit.